International Studies & Programs

Home > Students > Admitted Students > Student Handbook > MSU Housing Release

MSU Housing Release

To assist students who live in MSU campus residence halls and who wish to study abroad during spring semester, the Office for Education will send the names of accepted students to University Housing. However, this does not automatically apply to students in University Village. If you wish to request a housing release from University Village, you will need to contact EA. This needs to be done by December 10th.

Once EA provides University Housing with your name, it is YOUR responsibility to request release from your spring semester hall contract. Students studying abroad during other semesters will have ample opportunity to make provision for their housing needs.

If you desire to sublease your apartment while you're abroad, you may wish to contact MSU Off-campus Housing at (517) 355-8303. If you are returning to East Lansing and looking for summer housing, co-operative housing options are available through the MSU Student Housing Cooperative.

NOTE: Students living in university-owned apartments (Spartan Village or University Village) must contact University Apartments at (517) 355-7457 for information regarding the termination of your lease.